OIT Site-Licensed Software
Duke negotiates with vendors to make software available to Duke affiliates for discounted rates or, in many cases, for free. If you have any questions, comments or suggestions, please e-mail the site-license office at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Featured Products & New Additions
Stay current on new releases, patches, expirations, and other important OIT Software License news. View our blog at http://sites.duke.edu/software or subscribe to our mailing list at https://lists.duke.edu/sympa/info/oit-software-license.
- DNASTAR Lasergene Core Suite 12.3.1 - The latest version of Lasergene is now available for no cost to Duke faculty, staff, and students.
- Symantec Endpoint Protection 12.1.6 - The latest version is now available as a free download for Duke faculty, staff, and students.
- TreeSize Professional v6.2.2 is now
available. Bugs found in version 6.2.1 have been fixed and
some minor improvements have been included.
- Boot Runner - Duke has purchased a site license for Boot Runner. Boot Runner 2 is the next-generation startup manager for dual-boot Macs. Boot Runner now supports multiple virtual machine hosts for OS X, Windows, Linux and other operating systems.
- PDF Studio Pro 10 - Duke's PDF Studio Pro license has been renewed, and version 10 has been released. This new version includes many new features such as PDF compression. Licenses are available for $15 each, and they expire on July 31, 2016.
- SAS 9.4 TS1M2 - Duke's SAS software licenses have been renewed, and installers are available for the latest version.
- Autodesk 2016 Institutional Licensing - Free licenses for academic use are now available for the latest Autodesk software. This includes AutoCAD, Maya, and much more.
- IBM SPSS Statistics Premium 23 - Our licenses have been renewed, and new and renewal licenses are available for purchase for $75 each. The license expires July 31, 2016. The license now includes the following products: Statistics Base, Advanced Statistics, Bootstrapping, Categories, Complex Sampling, Conjoint, Custom Tables, Data Preparation, Decision Trees, Direct Marketing, Exact Tests, Forecasting, Missing Values, Neural Networks, Regression, SamplePower, and Visualization Designer.
- Stat/Transfer 13 - The latest version of Stat/Transfer offers new support for EViews, Genstat, and Stata 14 (with full support of Unicode and the new higher observation limit of Stata/MP), and many other new options and features. Stat/Transfer is available at no cost to Duke faculty, staff, and students.
- Stata/SE 14 - The newest version of Stata/SE is now available for $50. The license expires on July 23, 2015. Existing license holders can upgrade at no additional cost.
- Mathematica 10.1 - Mathematica 10.1 adds many enhancements to performance, coverage, and convenience—as well as several major new algorithmic achievements such as image identification and user-defined grammar rule deployment.
- Lucidchart & Lucidpress - Lucid software has made its diagramming and page layout apps available at no cost to the Duke community. This is a great free alternative to Microsoft Visio.
- think-cell- think-cell is a Microsoft Office add-in which integrates seamlessly with PowerPoint and helps you to visualize complex charts like Marimekko, Gantt and waterfall within minutes. Free licenses of think-cell are available for Duke students and researchers. Visit the think-cell website for more information. With the newest update to think-cell 6, the agenda-creating capabilities of the layout component make creating and maintaining a complete agenda in PowerPoint as simple as a table of contents in a word processor.
New software evaluations
Any member of the Duke community can submit a request for new software to be evaluated for use in academics, research, or IT operations. Click the link below for more information on the process.
New Software Evaluation Requests are reviewed by the Software License Committee as options for site or volume licensing at Duke.
OIT Service Desk: The Link - Perkins Library
Monday-Thursday: 8 a.m. - midnight
Friday: 8 a.m. - 5p.m.
Saturday: noon - 4 p.m.
Sunday: 3 p.m.-midnight
Hours may vary during university holidays and academic breaks.
- Duke Technology Center - The Duke Technology Center offers discounted licensing for many academic and retail products that are not offered through OIT, including many Adobe and Microsoft products.
- OIT Software Licensing FAQ - Go here to find helpful information about OIT Software Licensing and its processes, as well as FAQ-style answers to some of the most common questions about our software.
- OIT makes metrics on site-licensed software downloads available to the general public. General information about the OIT metrics is available at About OIT/metrics. Test