OIT Software Licensing
Duke negotiates with vendors to make software available to Duke affiliates for discounted rates or, in many cases, for free. If you have any questions, comments or suggestions, please e-mail the site-license office at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Featured Products & New Additions
- Stat/Transfer 13 - Stat/Transfer provides a fast, easy and economical way to move your data between SAS and a variety of spreadheets, databases, and other statistical packages. A new license is available, and the program is free for Duke faculty, staff, and students.
- DNASTAR Lasergene Structural Biology Suite v. 13 - The DNASTAR Lasergene Core Suite has been renamed, and the newest version is available at no cost to faculty, staff, and students.
- Maple 2016 - The newest version of the essential tool for mathematics is now available. Faculty and Staff licenses are available at no cost, and student licenses are available for a discounted price of $35.
- Adobe Creative Cloud and Acrobat Pro DC- Duke has entered into an Enterprise Term License Agreement with Adobe, Inc. to provide Creative Cloud accounts to all students at no cost. Creative Cloud (includes Acrobat) accounts are available for purchase for $150 per year for faculty and staff. Acrobat-only accounts are available for purchase for $50 per year for faculty and staff.
- Creative Cloud software is also available at no cost for student computer labs. Please visit the Licensing Info tab for more details.
- EndNote X7.5 for Mac and X7.4 for Windows - Latest versions of EndNote are now available at no cost.
- GraphPad Prism - GraphPad Prism combines scientific graphing, comprehensive curve fitting (nonlinear regression), understandable statistics, and data organization. Duke's volume licenses have been renewed, and the expiration date is now January 24, 2017. Licenses cost $50 per computer per year.
- think-cell - think-cell is a Microsoft Office add-in which integrates seamlessly with PowerPoint and helps you to visualize complex charts like Marimekko, Gantt and waterfall within minutes. Free licenses of think-cell are available for Duke students and researchers. Visit the think-cell website for more information. With the newest update to think-cell 6, the agenda-creating capabilities of the layout component make creating and maintaining a complete agenda in PowerPoint as simple as a table of contents in a word processor.
New software evaluations
Any member of the Duke community can submit a request for new software to be evaluated for use in academics, research, or IT operations. New Software Evaluation Requests are reviewed by the Software License Committee as options for site or volume licensing at Duke.