OIT Software Licensing
Duke negotiates with vendors to make software available to Duke affiliates for discounted rates or, in many cases, for free. If you have any questions, comments or suggestions, please e-mail the site-license office at email@example.com.
Featured Products & New Additions
Stay current on new releases, patches, expirations, and other important OIT Software License news. View our blog at http://sites.duke.edu/software or subscribe to our mailing list at https://lists.duke.edu/sympa/info/oit-software-license.
- Adobe Creative Cloud and Acrobat Pro DC- Duke has entered into an Enterprise Term License Agreement with Adobe, Inc. to provide Creative Cloud accounts to all students at no cost. Creative Cloud (includes Acrobat) accounts are available for purchase for $150 per year for faculty and staff. Acrobat-only accounts are available for purchase for $50 per year for faculty and staff.
- Creative Cloud software is also available at no cost for computer labs. Please visit the Licensing Info tab for more details.
- GraphPad Prism - GraphPad Prism combines scientific graphing, comprehensive curve fitting (nonlinear regression), understandable statistics, and data organization. Duke's volume licenses have been renewed, and the expiration date is now January 24, 2017. Licenses cost $50 per computer per year.
- Microsoft Office 2016 for Windows and Mac is now available! For detailed information on Office licensing under Duke's campus agreement, click here.
- NVivo 11 - If you want to get an edge by better understanding the explosion of unstructured data in the world today, you need NVivo - powerful software for qualitative data analysis. NVivo 11 is available at no cost, and both Windows and Mac versions are available.
- Windows 10 is now
available! For detailed information on Windows licensing under Duke's campus agreement, click here.
- Final Cut Pro - Duke OIT is offering a discount for perpetual licenses of Final Cut Pro. The normal price is $300, but we offer it for $150
- think-cell- think-cell is a Microsoft Office add-in which integrates seamlessly with PowerPoint and helps you to visualize complex charts like Marimekko, Gantt and waterfall within minutes. Free licenses of think-cell are available for Duke students and researchers. Visit the think-cell website for more information. With the newest update to think-cell 6, the agenda-creating capabilities of the layout component make creating and maintaining a complete agenda in PowerPoint as simple as a table of contents in a word processor.
New software evaluations
Any member of the Duke community can submit a request for new software to be evaluated for use in academics, research, or IT operations. Click the link below for more information on the process.
New Software Evaluation Requests are reviewed by the Software License Committee as options for site or volume licensing at Duke.
- OIT Software Licensing FAQ - Go here to find helpful information about OIT Software Licensing and its processes, as well as FAQ-style answers to some of the most common questions about our software.
- OIT makes metrics on site-licensed software downloads available to the general public. General information about the OIT metrics is available at About OIT/metrics.